Problem: I’ve tried to update Xhorse VVDI Mini OBD Tool WIFI firmware several times, but each time it just failed and gave an error:
“WIFI firmware update time out
- Please check the cellphone and device whether connect success.
- Server busy, please retry later.”
Any ideas? Please help me.
Follow the steps below to repair VVDI Mini OBD firmware:
- Download “factoryTest _V1.8.exe”
- Run “factoryTest _V1.8.exe” and connect Mini OBD Tool with PC, select device port no.
- Click “Modify Bluetooth Name”.
- If pop-up error like pic: restart software, plug and unplug Mini OBD Tool to try again.
- If showing like pic below, which means success. Unplug Mini OBD Tool to re-update WiFi firmware on phone.
- Need to update firmware with a new WIFI or hotspot after repaired.
- Noticed DO NOT use your phone’s own hotspot.