Xhorse VVDI Remotes are covering 4 types: wired remote, wireless remote, super remote & smart remote. Considering many customers don’t know how to distinguish them, we have listed a comparison form & FAQs here for reference. Hope this can guide to right choice.
Xhorse VVDI Remotes Comparison
|Items||Wired Remote||Wireless Remote||Super Remote||Smart Remote|
|Application||Suitable for users who only need remote control||Suitable for users who need transponder 46 copy, generate 11, 12, 13, 47, 38 chip via 46 & generate remote.||Suitable for users who need copy super chip to generate remote.||Suitable for smart car keys users.|
|Points||25 points||40 points||40 points||60 points|
|Wired remote control||√||×||×||×|
|Install battery before generation||×||√||√||√|
|Match to start vehicle||×||√||√||√|
|Generate other types of transponder||×||√||√||×|
|Transponder copy 46||×||√||√||×|
|Generate remote to support Xhorse tools||√||√||√||√|
|Device to match remote||√||√||√||√|
|Manually match remote||√||√||√||×|
|MQB smart match with Xhorse VVDI2||×||×||×||√|
Features & Differences
VVDI Wired Remote:
- Should connect with a wire to generate remotes, no need battery.
- High compatible for many original or auxiliary chips.
- No starter chip.
VVDI Wireless Remote:
- Should install battery before generation, no need wire.
- With normal NXP starter chip, support to convert into 46 or 13 chip for use.
VVDI Super Remote:
- Should install battery, no need wire connection. Transmit information through circuit board chip inductors.
- With super starter chip, support to convert circuit board chip into 11, 13, 48, 4C, 8C, 8E, 8A, 4D, G, etc.
VVDI Smart Remote:
- Should install battery, no need wire connection.
- With starter chip.
- Support to generate some non-smart remote keys, like Audi Q3 remote key, VW MQB remote key.
Xhorse VVDI Remotes FAQs
Q: How to modify Xhorse VVDI remotes frequency?
A: No need manual modification, its frequency is same as generated.
Q: What frequencies are supported?
A: Support 315MHz & 433 MHz at present, not support 868 or 902MHz.
Q: How to erase Xhorse remote keys to renew?
A: No need to erase, can be used directly. For example, if it’s VW Passta 315MHz for the first time, it can be directly generated Audi A6 433Mhz for the second time.
Q: Possible to work for TOYOTA smart keys?
A: XM Series Remotes are workable, XS series cannot.
Q: What car models can work for Xhorse remotes?
A: Users can install Xhorse app to check supported car model & key type before purchase. (Download in Google Play or APP Store on a phone)
Check Path: VVDI Mini Key Tool>> Vehicle Remote >> Car Model >> Supported Type
Q: Why it fails to generate, and prompts: “This remote connected is only for China market, please buy from our dealer in your country. You can also contact technical support for help.”
A: Please notice remote number beginning with C are only supported in China market. Please buy international version remotes beginning with E. They can’t be mix.
Q: What’s PROX key meaning? How to do if using a smart key to generate?
A: PROX key is XS series remote.
Follow the below steps to generate with smart key in this case:
- Upgrade database to latest version,
- Take out circuit board to generate & try different positions.
Q: How to do if it prompts: “SN2 modle detected, special clone only support wire key, please change key module.”?
A: Special clone can only support to use wire keys.